The school is in the village of Hesketh Bank, which is halfway between Southport and Preston. It is a semi-rural area comprising of farms, market gardens and private housing.
As well as the Headteacher, the school has 8 class teachers. In addition, the School's staff consists of an Administrative Officer, a Site Supervisor, Cleaners, Welfare Staff Teaching Assistants, one who is Higher Level qualified.
Buildings and Facilities
The original building was built in 1871 and after many conversions now holds 7 classrooms and a full time nursery. The school has a Conference Room, Breakfast and After School Suite and an infant and junior play area. The grounds have also been upgraded to incorporate a willow structure and a tyre area for active play. Our school is well equipped to cope with the increasing demands of the National Curriculum.
The School and the Community
The School is very much a part of the local community. There is a strong link with All Saints Church and our School takes part of its name from the Church. We are, in addition, part of the Blackburn Diocese. The minister takes school worship and is available to offer pastoral support. The school takes part in a range of activities throughout the year, including the church garden party. The Christian ethos of the school extends to all areas and to the wider community. We give to a range of child-based charities throughout the year.